We know this much: with connecting to the cloud being such an emerging industry, clients at both a consumer and an enterprise level are flooded with options in the cloud space, in the same way some IT managers are being flooded with growing data.
Research from Gartner reports data capacity for the average business is growing 40-60% year on year.
With forward thinking organisations, seeing the struggle with ever increasing amounts of data, on the horizon, many are looking to the Cloud to streamline their processes. But what separates the adequate from the best in the cloud ? The innovators from the followers?
The first point of call is ensuing that your cloud solution provider does the basics, immaculately. Keep an eye out for:
* 256-bit Encryption: Minimum. All of your data should be secured as it’s transmitted to and as it rests in the cloud
* Flexible file access: Whether through FTP, or a more user-friendly GUI, you should be able to access your files locally or remote
* Sync-on-schedule: Your files should backup regularly, and without intrusion
If you’re looking for an enterprise-level solution—and this is a significant, future-proof investment for your business—these are some of the top-tier features you should be demanding:
* Data compression: Reducing file-sizes and saving your bandwidth
* Remote access: To ensure you can access for files anywhere, anytime with ease of use
* Uptime guarantee: Written into a contract with your cloud supplier should be a minimum uptime guarantee.
With Data growth recently named, as IT’s biggest challenge, it’s easy to see why big or small businesses are starting to scrutinise their management thoroughly, and are planning for growth.
Recent research from industry specialists, Info-Tech, found that cloud startup TwinStrata is leading the way in both cloud essentials, and innovations—and, at a good price-point. The research ranked the Massachusetts-based company with 95 value points out of 100—and it’s not hard to see why.
If you’re looking for a cloud provider that can tailor make a data management solution that will enhance your IT function and make accessing and controlling data easier for you we can make that happen. If you also want to work with industry leaders, like TwinStrata— call us at Cloud Solutions Group
By Josh Rubens